Development Associate — Full Time Position (New York, NY)
The National Association of Scholars is seeking a full-time development associate to assist with fundraising, grant-writing, and donor research. The position will be based in NAS's New York headquarters. Successful candidates will demonstrate initiative, attention to detail, and solid writing ability.
Reports to: Director of Development
- Process donations and memberships
- Record data in fundraising database
- Assist with prospect research
- Collaborate with NAS staff on development projects
- Draft correspondence to foundations, major donors, and others
- Correspond with donors and members
- Process membership requests
- Desire to further NAS’s mission to improve higher education
- Strong writing and editing ability
- Attentive to detail
- Highly organized
- Takes initiative
- Thorough in research
- Professional in correspondence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
The position will pay $45,000 annually with competitive benefits and insurance. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and two professional references to Chris Kendall at email@example.com.
About the NAS: The National Association of Scholars (NAS) is a non-profit higher education reform organization. NAS works to improve American higher education by supporting rigorous intellectual standards, academic freedom, and institutional transparency in colleges and universities.