Political scientist Robert Weissberg is this week's guest on Inside Academia and talks about affirmative action policies on campus. Click on the video below to hear what he has to say.
- 1:21 – Politics among academics didn’t use to be taken seriously (1 min)
- 2:47 – How affirmative action and its politics drove campus agenda (2 mins)
- 4:57 – How institutions used carrot and stick to implement diversity (1 min)
- 6:30 – “Professionalism” differentiated modern v. pre-1960s faculty (3 mins)
- 9:32 – Affirmative action enabled ideologues at expense of educators (2 mins)
- 12:57 – Civility and competence are key to success in diverse society (2 mins)